Prepare and Protect your Organization
Business Continuity Management (BCM) helps you plan, implement and maintain a documented management system to prepare, respond and recover from disruptive incidents.
When delivering business continuity management, we follow the ISO 22301 (Business Continuity standard) using the following roadmap:
Business Continuity Governance – this sets the strategic direction allowing management to communicate goals and expectations Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment which includes things like:
- Establishing the context of the assessment defining the criteria and evaluating the potential impact of a disruptive incident.
- Taking into account legal requirements.
- Providing systematic analysis, prioritizing risk treatments.
- Defining the required output from the business impact analysis and risk assessment.
- Putting requirements in place to keep information up-to-date and confidential
Recovery Strategy – this focuses on critical business functions involved in the business impact analysis exercise where we establish maximum downtimes and recovery times.
A Business Continuity Plan provides:
- Emergency notification and disaster declaration procedures.
- Recovery team procedures.
- Facilities and business restoration procedures.
- BCP testing and maintenance cycles.
- Appendices for master contact list; equipment inventories, connectivity schematics, etc.
- Workshops to management and key business owners to ensure they understand the Business Continuity Plan.